Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    I don't think most due it out of malicious behavior, just that someone tells them something and in a quest for wanting to know whats going on, we all are anxious for updates.

    I know when I was going through chemotherapy and my blood counts were out of wack a bit, I was basically grounded for a few days. Bad blood counts turned into being sick, turned into being really ill, turned into dying, turned into dead. I answered the phone to someone giving sympathy for my passing. Its good that people care, even if sometimes its a bit zealous.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    Yeah some do it unintentionally. I'm referring to the ones that just tell something for the sake of looking like they actually know the situation.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    This all saddens me very much. I am friends with his mother, and I know that he is her pride and joy, so I know her heart must be broken. He had such a bright future ahead of him, and I'm not referring just to his athletic future.

    I'm really stunned over this and don't know what to say other than for all of us to not assume that we are guaranteed tomorrow.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    Very disappointing. I feel terrible for his family.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    i just want to say that i know ricky has been on a lot of peoples' minds lately. i find it hard sometimes to understand life and how god works. i believe it is easy to get angry but i have come to realize that you really do have to live each day like it is your last. ricky represents every child in southwest virginia and that is why his story has had so much appeal to everyone. everyone has wanted to know the story because everyone wanted him to be ok. i just wanted to say my piece of mind and let the harris family that they are in my prayers and are on my mind. i wish the best for everyone in southwest virginia.
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    Burton is going to be hard on a lot of students with school starting back up. I believe they lost a couple of female students over the last month or so to accidents, and it appears as though that may be the case with him as well. My heart, and prayers go out to them all.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    This is very heartbreaking for the family and friends of Ricky. Starting school without him will hurt all his friends. Sad, our prayers are with his family.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    Not only do I feel bad for Ricky's family and friends, but also for the entire Burton Raider football team...

    When the season gets here, I have a bad feeling that they're going to have a hard time staying focused with one of their most influential players out of the game, and possibly.. you know. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    I still hope that a miracle can happen and that things can improve, but you never know.. the Lord definitely works in mysterious ways.

    We've lost so much this year. Ole Tobe, Coach Turner, Coach Fletcher over at St. Paul, and even two of my ferrets.. all in a single year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    As I've said before -- 2006: A year to remember. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    I hate to hear this. It saddens me to think of this happening to any child. In all honesty it makes my heart ache.
    Having a son myself i can only imagine the pain. I worry about my son all the time. And since he has become a father, it has not changed any of that.
    Love your kids folks. They may not be perfect, but we were'nt either as teens.
    Never let a day go by you don't remind them you love them no matte what.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ricky Harris (we want the real story)

    Definitely sad. Thoughts go out to the Burton team and his family.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •